I have 2 questions about the product
Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/14/2022 - 16:48
Forums

Dear Sir or Madam, I have been reading spec sheets for builders bog and I have 2 questions about the product.

1. If being used to fill holes in timber weather boards is a backing behind the hole required to stop the filling falling through into the framing at a later stage?
  2. If the sides of the holes in the weather board are soaking wet when the bog is being used will the bog still adhere satisfactorily to the timber? Should the timber be left to dry? Please ring me on my direct dial if you wish to ask any questions.

Regards
Thomas Hewson, Building Control Officer

Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/14/2022 - 16:49

Thank you for the questions, both are good questions.

1. No, the Turbo Builders Bog will stick once cured, the backing is only required initially when you need a base to apply the wet putty to, before it starts curing. Turbo Builders Bog has been designed and modified over 20+ years to hang up well, but if the hole is too large, that is when you need the backing plate.
  2. It is critical that the timber is totally dry. The moisture will interfere with the curing reaction and an inferior product will result which will not cure properly and cause major problems. Very important is for you to dry the weather board as dry as possible. Either by heater (watch out to set it on fire!!!) or by placing a strong lamp (creating heat) close to the weather board. Good luck with the repair!!

Phil Breytenbach
General Manager