Can I suggest a couple of simple change
Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/14/2022 - 17:02
Forums

Hello, I’ve just been trying to use Builders Bog (purchased in the 250ml container). I found measuring out a ‘matchbox full’ and an eighth of a teaspoon rather difficult and although I was as careful as possible to get the proportions exact, I clearly didn’t because 3 hours later it still has not set. Can I suggest a couple of simple change worth considering-

1. Use a specific number of mls. instead of a ‘matchbox’ and mark these on the mixing container with a line.
  2. Instead of describing small measures in parts of a teaspoon, which are very difficult to measure, fit a dripper mechanism into the spout and describe the quantity by the number of drops to use. Some products in Australia use such measurement devices which makes them easier to use and therefore easier to sell.

Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/14/2022 - 17:02

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. User-friendly measurements are indeed a problem, and we will see what we can do. Since the red hardener is a viscous paste, it will not “drip” like the older, dangerous liquid hardeners. It just extrudes like spaghetti. We used to give the number of mls. and got thousands of enquiries about how to measure these without ruining measuring cylinders. The mls. ratio is 1.5 to 3.5% by volume or at the mid point 5 mls hardener to 200 mls paste. 1 ml. on the mixing container is only a depth of .07mm – impossible to estimate, even if you could spread the hardener out evenly. I will give this some more thought.

Regards
Stuart Jordan
Managing Director

Submitted by admin on Tue, 06/14/2022 - 17:03

Many thanks for your reply. It’s heartening to know that feedback has at least been read and considered. Your comment about the hardener extruding like spaghetti was also useful because mine didn’t. It came out more as a liquid and was empty before I was able to do a third mix and still had something under half a tin of paste left. I nearly threw the container away in disgust but after reading your comment I have since found a thicker product in the bottom which will only squeeze out. Perhaps I should have shaken the container first although there was no suggestion that I should have done that. If it had come out thicker originally a small amount may have been easier to measure using a teaspoon. My mixing container now has two rings marked around it – one at two matchbox height and one at four. I realise that this would not work for the hardener because of the smaller quantity used.

Once again thanks for responding – it is appreciated.

Clive West